Dr David Weiman is a psychologist and president of Weiman Consulting, a leadership consulting firm in Philadelphia. In this episode, we discuss lessons learnt so far from the pandemic and how we can use this information in the future to make better business decisions.
Three Big Questions
- What did organisations learn about individuals during the pandemic?
- What did individuals learn about organisations?
- What did individuals learn about themselves?
Things We Learnt
- Who stepped up and who didn’t step up under stress?
- Exposed people who were not carrying their weight when working remotely.
- Some people were not able to adapt.
- Which team member shad aligned values with the business and became more patient-focused.
- It showed which companies looked after their team
- Likes and dislikes of individuals.
- How much time was wasted by meetings?
- Couples handled isolation differently.
- Slowing down helps create sticky relationships.
Time to Journal and Take Notes
What are your takeaways so far? Everyone should be recording in a journal what they have learnt, and it should be updated monthly.
The pandemic gave people an opportunity to ask themselves, what do I really love, miss and need in my life?
And, how does it feel when you don't have to do something? Therefore, only do things that make you happy; stop doing things not out of a sense of obligation.
Slow down to speed up. That’s where connections happen.
Write down the things you did to get through the toughest times, especially the isolation. Write down the steps you took and if you ever get stuck or face another tough time, go back and read your notes. It will help you get through it.
Who were the key people around you? Your goal is to create an Owners Manual for yourself.
If you have any questions about this episode, one-on-one business coaching or any of my group coaching programs, please send me an email at and we can arrange a quick ZOOM call.
If you're interested in watching the UNCUT video of this particular episode, you can visit my Youtube channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Business Coach and please SUBSCRIBE, so you're informed whenever a new video is released.
12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot
North America - Starts Tuesday, September 7th at 8.30 pm (EST) To register, please visit https://podiatrygrowth.com/reboot/
Australia, NZ, UK - Starts Wednesday, September 8th at 5.30 pm (AEST) To register, please visit https://www.tysonfranklin.com/Coaching/REBOOT