Dr Patrick McEneaney has grown his podiatry empire from three clinics to ten clinics in less than twelve months and he has done it during COVID-19. Who Does That? One thing he has learnt is you cannot manage ten clinics yourself.
Dr Patrick McEneaney is the owner of Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists and was my guest on Ep 048: Rapid Business Expansion, (Nov. 2019), and Ep 074: 8 Business Tips During COVID-19, (April 2020).
In addition to his ten clinics, he also employes 17 podiatrists with a total team of 73.
On this episode we discuss:
- How he has managed to grow his business during COVID
- The thought process behind this progression of growth
- How he finds good doctors and then finds the clinic
- Identifying patients that should be coming back for further treatment
- Why you need to know your numbers. Not just what comes in, but how quickly accounts are being paid.
- Why you need to connect with your patient
- The importance of good communication. It's about drawing people into your conversation.
- Why patients need to express themselves even if it has nothing to do with the problems.
- We are not just diagnosticians
- Speeding through the consultation is not good for your business
- Why you can't manage ten clinics, you have to trust your team and let things go.
"Every time a team member makes a decision, even if you don’t like the way they went about it, you’ve got to trust the end result is how you want it to be".
When you’re interviewing someone you’ve got to have a gut feeling they are a good fit. Hire them, pay them well and make sure you make time to train them properly.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode or you have ideas for future episodes, please email me at.
Podiatry Business Coaching
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one Business Coaching or join my next 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot group coaching program.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.