WARNING: This episode will motivate you. Dr Richard Chasen is the owner of The Lower Limb Clinic in Melbourne, Victoria and I'm not sure if his wisdom and guidance come from his teachings as a Rabbi or his 40 plus years in Karate, but Richard is officially the first Black Belt Rabi on the podcast.
We cover a lot of ground on this episode and I know you will leave feeling inspired and extremely proud of the profession you're in.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why podiatry is the best profession
- The business of podiatry
- What the profession may look like in the future
- You are not 'just a podiatrist.'
- His reasoning for not pursuing a surgical career path
- The difference between our self-description and our job-description
- Why all black belts are not the same, just like all podiatrists are not the same
- Why we should be using the title Dr
There’s only three professional that are allowed to perform surgery on people, doctors, dentists and podiatrists. That's pretty cool.
- Getting your work-life balance right
- Why Not every podiatrist wants to own their own business, and not every podiatrist wants a bunch of Seth Godin books
If you don’t want to learn about marketing, then don't. Focus on becoming a better podiatrist.
- The business benefits of seeing good podiatrists as assets to your business. They're not just someone performing a task for you.
Start taking advantage of what's out there and available to you and expose yourself to new ideas.
Podiatry Business Coaching
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one Business Coaching or join my next 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot group coaching program.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.