Damian Murray owns and manages three multidisciplinary clinics in his hometown of Cardiff, Wales. He often refers to himself as a podiatrist in the pinstriped scrubs because one morning he will be a podiatrist and the next he is a businessman.
Damian also operates a podiatry supply business called Murray Medical, and a waste management business. Being the serial entrepreneur he is, he has also started his latest ventured the Home Footcare™ franchise.
On this episode we discuss:
- The benefits of having a good podiatry business and it's not all about making money.
- How and why he set up Murray Medical
- Finding the right balance between working as a podiatrist and podiatry business owner.
"Once I tick that box I've got to find another box to tick."
- Running a good business is not about over-selling, it's about understanding your patient 's/customer's needs.
- The power of diversifying outside of podiatry
- Why every practitioner needs to franchise their podiatry business, whether they want to do it or not.
- The benefits of having a franchiser mindset.
- How systems add value to your business.
If you love being a podiatrist, and enjoy treating patients, leave the business to other people more qualified. Get mentors in business and marketing to do all the heaving lifting, letting you spend more time doing what you love to do.
If you have any questions after listening to this episode, please send me an email at or contact Damian Murray at Murray Medical.
Damian's latest venture - wetreatfeet.co.uk, which is a UK search engine where patients can find local practitioners by profession or treatment. It also has a free members section where practitioners can find all the resources they need to succeed.
Facebook Page & Group
Facebook Page: Podiatry Legends Podcast - This is where I post each podcast episode and information regarding podiatry events around the world.
Facebook Group: Podiatry Business Owners Club - This is for podiatry business owners, and where I add my business and marketing videos.
Podiatry Business Coaching & Mentoring
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, you've got to work on four specific areas of your business.
- Marketing - You need to have a proper, well thought out strategy
- Systems - You need systems that will support both your marketing and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a culture that makes your life easier, not harder
- Diary - This is the backbone. Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient number per day and in turn, will increase your daily profits.
Thinking you can just work on one part or maybe two out of four areas and still do well is no longer good enough, you must develop all four pieces of the business puzzle.If you want to join one of my upcoming Group Coaching Programs or discuss one-on-one Business Coaching & Mentoring, please email me at and we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat and see where I can help.
Newsletter & Events
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.