Talysha Reeve has had quite a unique podiatry career, as most of her post-graduate studies, CPD courses and certifications have been obtained through other allied-health bodies, not traditional podiatry.
Currently, Talysha balances her time between working at an Adelaide sports podiatry business and her podiatry CPD business, Kinetic Therapies, that delivers both live and online podiatry CPD content, primarily on the use of exercise therapies for musculoskeletal conditions seen in podiatric practice.
On this episode we discuss:
- The love-hate relationship with podiatry as a student and in her first years of practice.
- Burning out only after a few years.
- Quitting podiatry to work in a coffee shop
- Realisation there's no money in making coffee
- What it is like working with elite athletes at a specialist sports medicine clinic.
- Benefits of doing CPD from outside the profession
- Why knowing more about exercise prescription is essential even if you do not treat athletes.
- Active versus passive therapies
- Why patients must buy into the treatment goal
- Why you need to charge appropriately. You need to value your service, expertise and additional training.
Do not panic if you haven’t found your passion or niche in podiatry yet. If a patient comes in with a specific pathology and this excites you, and you want to learn more, then follow that. You don’t have to stick to the mainstream.
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at Talysha Reeve on Linkedin.or you can connect with
Newsletter & Events
Podiatry Business Mentoring
If you need assistance with marketing and developing business systems, please email me at and let's see where I can help or visit the coaching and mentoring section of my website.
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I post additional business and marketing tips, information regarding podiatry events and conferences around the world.
Consider A Podcast Review
If you enjoy the Podiatry Legends Podcast, please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
It's No Secret with Dr T. Podcast
If you like marketing and small business, please take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T.
Show Sponsor is Podium
If you want to learn how to get an edge over your competitors, receive more Google Reviews, and learn how to keep all your online messaging in one convenient place, then you need to visit our dedicated sponsors' page at https://try.podium.com/podiatrylegends/