Dr. Jesse Green is one cool character. He's the only person I know that's spent a week with Richard Branson on his private island in the British Virgin Islands, and in addition to this he's a best-selling author, entrepreneur, thought leader in dental management, business coach and the host of a very successful podcast called The Savvy Dentist.
In this episode we discuss:
The Recovery Paradox
- Why some days you don't always project the best version of yourself, which can often be embarrassing.
- However people forgive mistakes and errors if you handle it the right way. This is The Recovery Paradox.
- If you handle a problem the right way, your clients and customers will become more loyal.
- When you meet someone you never know what's been going on in their life, so you must make allowances for poor behaviour, especially when you know it's out of character.
- When a problem occurs and if it's handled correctly, the incidence itself is long forgotten, but the recovery will be remembered for a very long time.
- When you have a bad day at work, you need to learn to not take it home, and visa versa.
The Savvy Dentist Podcast - where great business meets great dentistry.
- It's important to take ideas from other professions and apply it back to your own profession or industry.
- This is why listening to podcasts outside of your industry is so important.
- Book Recommendation: Not Invented Here - Cross Industry Innovation.
- You need to have strong accountability partners.
- You need to have commitment and consistency in everything that you do.
- "Just getting started is the hard part". - Jocko Willink.
- Jesse will have his second book written by the end of 2017, that's his commitment to you.
- It's all about creating good daily habits.
- "Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinary well". - John W. Gardner.
Richard Branson Meeting - Jesse's Takeaways:
- THINK BIGGER. Richard Branson never thinks small. You've got to look at things in a big way.
- Don't overthink yourself, it slows down your progress.
- Look at getting yourself out of your business as early as possible without going broke.
- Delegate far more than you already do.
- Here's the biggest message - ASK WHO, NOT HOW: When you're faced with a new challenge or idea, don't ask HOW to resolve or do it, instead ask WHO can resolve it. This is a different question and therefore giving you a different outcome.
My latest book It’s No Secret There’s Money In Small Business is now available from all online booksellers, and if you live in Australia it can be ordered from most bookstores.
Also, Book Depository deliver freight FREE worldwide.