Why does someone become a podiatry lecturer and academic? I've often pondered this question. My guest Dr Daniel Bonanno, Senior Lecturer at La Trobe University in Victoria, Australia, openly shares his podiatry journey and sheds some light on the academia world.
I can honestly say I learnt a lot doing this podcast interview, and it was all positive.
Daniel's teaching and research are focused on the effects and effectiveness of foot orthoses and footwear, walking and running biomechanics, and preventing and managing lower limb injuries.
He is currently undertaking some research on the Factors that Influence Basketball Footwear Selection, and he is keen to hear from any adult basketball players of any level, from recreational to elite.
If you would like to take part and help, please follow the links below to a survey he has developed.
- You may open the survey in your web browser by clicking the link below:
Factors that Influence Basketball Footwear Selection
If the link above does not work, try copying the link below into your web browser:
In this episode, we also discuss:
- How you can become a tutor or lecturer.
- The path or research.
- The enjoyment of watching students develop their skills.
- The challenges of academia.
- How the lecturing team works within the department and curriculum design.
- How the graduating students of 2020 coped with COVID-19 and why it has made them more resilient.
- The Deans of Podiatry Group
- The benefits to the profession for clinicians and academics to work more closely.
If you're interested in watching the video of this particular episode, you can visit my YOUTUBE Channel, Tyson Franklin and please SUBSCRIBE, so you're informed whenever a new video is released.
If you have any questions about this episode, please send me an email at.
If you're looking for a Competitive Advantage over other podiatrists in your area, please visit my EVENTS PAGE, and consider joining my next group coaching program, the 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot or join the Podiatry Business Owners Club on Facebook.