What are you podiatry business plans for 2021? Have you given it much thought or is it going to be a repeat of 2020, and yes I know COVID has been a hurdle but did you know that some podiatry business had their best year?
It didn't happen by accident, they had their best year because they adapted to the current situation and took action.
Now before YOU SWITCH OFF and think SHIT, this is just going to be a sales podcast, hang around for a little bit longer as you may learn a few things.
If you want to learn more about my next 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot simply follow the link.
On this episode, I am joined by:
Carly O’Donoghue – Stepping Out Podiatry (Sunshine Coast)
Chloe Wear – The Woodvale Podiatrist (Perth)
Aadila Dadda – Happy Feet Queensland (Brisbane)
Jasmine Kouch – 2 Right Feet Podiatry (Kilsyth, Victoria)
Trina Goard – Armidale Podiatry (Armidale)
Judi France – Toowoomba Podiatry (Toowoomba)
Jonathan Small – Health First Foot & Gait Clinic (Southam, UK)
The reason I asked them to join me for this particular episode is that they’ve all completed the 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot and have flourished, and I think it would be beneficial to hear from podiatrists who have gone before you.
No One Knew the Questions
I’d like to point out I have not given anyone these questions to think about first, so I’m not exactly sure what they’re going to say, which I knew would be fun and also produce some very honest answers.
Initial Questions Around Coaching
Q1: - Have you ever been in a coaching program before?
Q2: When you first heard about the 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot, why did you decide to do it? What was happening or not happening in your business?
We then moved onto discussing specific questions about the content in the 12-Week Program
WEEK 1: Developing Team Culture– Which was about aligning your team with your own business beliefs and values. And, even if you're a solo practitioner, you still have a team (Accountant etc).
- Q3: Was that a useful topic?
- Weeks 2-5: Covered Systems (Recalls, Reactivation & Incomplete Rx)- There is a difference in how these are used.
- Q4: Most podiatrists have systems, but did this program open your eyes to a few holes that may have existed with what you previously had set up?
We also covered Patient Journeys and Treatment Journeys and how a patient flows through your business and the potential services you may offer.
- Q5: Did this change the way you approached your patients?
- Week 6: We dug deep into finding your Ideal Patient & Niching
- Q6: Did you get more clarity on who your ideal patient was, and the type of podiatry work you should be targeting?
- Week 7: Pre-framing Conversations & Directing the Conversation - Selling without selling.
- Q7: Did this help with your communication?
- Weeks 8-9: Developing your marketing strategy, creating a Yearly Marketing Plan(Roadmap) and Developing a Daily, Weekly and Monthly Marketing Plan (GPS)
- Q8: Prior to doing the 12-week reboot, did you have a 12-month roadmap for your marketing, or did you just play it by ear?
- Weeks 9-12: Protecting & Developing Your Brand and improving your web presence/website.
- We also discussed understanding the important NUMBERS in your business that really matter, which lead to a concept called Punctuated Equilibrium.
If you've got this far, I’ll explain what is involved in the 12-Week Reboot:
- 12 x 1-hour weekly Zoom Meetings: All meetings are recorded and uploaded to a private Facebook Group, so if for some reason you cannot make a scheduled meeting, you can catch up with the recording.
- Q9: Did anyone here miss a meeting?
- Weekly Q & A session via Zoom
- Templates & Frameworks: As we work through each session, templates and frameworks will be uploaded to the FACEBOOK GROUP.
- Q10: Did everyone find them useful?
- Unlimited email questions during the 12-weeks program
- Video tutorials are created for common group questions
To wrap up, there was one last question:
Q11: If someone has listened to this and they’re sitting on the fence what would be your advice be?