Dr Cam Wareham has worked in the area of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery for over 25 years, and he has worked across three countries, New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
His career started in MSK and sports podiatry in Canberra, and even though he did enjoy it, he could not kick the bug and excitement of becoming a podiatric surgeon.
He honed his craft in the National Health Service in the UK, and even though some podiatrists would say he has been lucky, I would say when you work 60 - 70 hours per week for multiple years luck is not a factor.
On this episode we also discuss:
- Why he moved to the UK and worked in the NHS
- Chasing the surgery dream
- By working long hours, you make your own luck.
- Why you sometimes need to buy a round of drinks
- We’re not medical practitioners, but we are medically-trained
- Changing your mindset - You are an educated practitioner.
- Why you are not just a podiatrist. You would never hear a dentist never say I’m just a dentist
- Empowering the podiatry profession
- Medical law - A patients idiocy is only part of your defence
"There’s something about keeping your patients close and keeping the ones with complications even closer".
When you see new advances in Podiatric Medicine never stop learning and embrace everything you can. You may not need it today, but tomorrow it could change your practice.
If we stand still, we go backwards, so embrace the idea of improving your skillset.
Podiatry Business Coaching
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one Business Coaching or join my next 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot group coaching program.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.