Dr TJ Ahn is a first-generation Korean who immigrated to America alone when he was only 19 without any connections or ability to speak English. He called Tennessee home initially where he studied Computer Science and Business, before eventually moving to Chicago to study podiatry, which is where he still lives and practices podiatry.
In addition to running his podiatry business, he is using his experience and business knowledge to help other colleagues build their dream private practices at TJ Ahn Coaching & Consulting.
On this episode we discuss:
- His love of Aikido and how this was an essential step towards his podiatry career
- The importance of connection
- Teachers and Mentors help knock off the bad edges.
- What we do and who we are are not the same thing.
- Being an Experimentalist
- The power of Adaptability
- Why he was going to quit podiatry between 2012 - 2014
- How his mindset changed between 2014 - 2016. "You're worth far more than an insurance company says you are".
- Increasing your podiatry service to a concierge level
- Reactivating your existing patients is more important than trying to get new patients
- Strategy & Tactics
- The Force of Average
- Social bullying
- Find a niche, get good at it and defend it
"Most podiatrists are too focused on revenue instead of focusing on profit. Would you prefer 20% of one million dollars or 45% of half a million dollars."
4-Step Plan to Follow
- Tweak your mindset
- Find your niche
- Have a solid marketing strategy and tactics in place
- Adjust your practice systems
If you follow these four steps, you'll have crazy business profits and victory.
"When you wake up tomorrow are you going to be a better version of yourself, the same version, or a worse version? You decide."
When you focus on an attainable goal and on the implementation required, meaning you take action to make sure the small tasks get done, you're heading in the right direction.
Creating a habit of getting small tasks done every day, towards the big goal, will make you feel good and alive.
FREE BOOK OFFER
Dr Ahn also has a private Facebook Group called Podiatry Profits, and a podcast called the Podiatry Profits Podcast.
Podiatry Business Coaching & Mentoring
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one business coaching and mentoring, or group coaching.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.