If this podcast episode does not get you fired up, I think you may need someone to check your pulse and make sure you're still breathing.
Sarah-Jane Walls, aka SJ The Posture Pod is a Scottish Podiatrist who owns TYPP - The Yoga & Pilates Place. Before obtaining her podiatry degree, she was a qualified Pilates Teacher and Sports Therapist with over 20 years experience of physical therapy in rehab - helping her clients Move, Feel and Look Amazing.
And now she is combining all this knowledge with her newfound skills as a Podiatrist.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why she is a Purple Cow
- She runs like Forest Gump but still represented Scotland.
- Getting her first degree in hotel management
- How a sporting injury lead her into Pilates
- Opening the first and largest full equipped Pilates Studio in Scotland and the United Kingdom 2012
- Why she decided to pivot her career into podiatry
- Why the scope of practice in podiatry got her excited
- Thinking outside the box is beneficial for making your career more exciting and financially rewarding.
- The importance of content marketing. You need to answer the questions your patients are searching for
- Find what excites you and gets you out of bed in the morning.
"The skills we have as podiatrists are like no other health professional".
Broaden Your Skills
The only way you can better serve your patients and educate them is by broadening your skills in and outside of podiatry.
Learning more about content-marketing and course creation helps serve your clients and also develops another revenue stream without having to have the patient directly in front of you.
Current free course - Posturemeperfect.co.uk
Be happy in what you do and if you're not happy, do something about it, there are people out there who are willing to help and guide you.
Be prepared to do something bold and big enough that it scares you a little.
Podiatry Business Coaching & Mentoring
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one business coaching and mentoring, or group coaching.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.
Newsletter & Events
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
Facebook Page & Group
Facebook Group: Podiatry Business Owners Club - This is for podiatry business owners and budding business owners, and the place where I will be adding my video marketing tips.
Facebook Page: Podiatry Legends Podcast - This is where I post each podcast episode and information regarding my guests.