Claire Farquharson is a Gold Coast Podiatrist and she will be the first person to tell you that she is not an Instagram expert; however, she has found a clever way to make Instagram work for her and her career as a podiatrist.
In 2018, she started a little Instagram page and blog @_ThePod with the hope of changing peoples perceptions on podiatry as a profession. She loves art, design, fashion and podiatry, and she could not see why they could not all co-exist together on one social page.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why she is helping people change the way they look at their feet and the stigma attached to podiatry.
- Social media as a platform to educate, inform and inspire both patients and other health professionals
- Finding your angle on social media
- How to make podiatry more aesthetic, trendy and relevant
- Your profile does not need to be attached to a specific location or business name.
- The subtle art of sharing your podiatry message
"People don’t want to see ingrown toenails pop up in their newsfeed."
- You will learn what works from your previous posts, and you will evolve.
- You cant be relatable too soon too quick; you need to gain your follower's trust.
If you have any questions after listening to this episode, please send me an email at @_ThePod on Instagram.or you can connect with Claire
Podiatry Business Coaching & Mentoring
If you want to own and operate a Thriving Podiatry Business, there are four vital pieces to the business puzzle.
- Marketing - You need a well thought out marketing strategy, not just more tactics.
- Systems - You need systems that will support your marketing strategy and your team.
- Team - You need to develop a team culture that makes your work-life balance easier, not harder.
- Diary - Your diary needs to be structured in a way that maximises patient numbers and increases daily profits.
You have two choices: There's the slow approach, where you learn by trial and error and do everything yourself, or you can fast-track your education and business success with one-on-one business coaching and mentoring, or group coaching.
If you want to know more, please email me atand we can set up a Zoom Call and have a quick chat to see if I can be of assistance.
Newsletter & Events
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
Facebook Page & Group
Facebook Group: Podiatry Business Owners Club - This is for podiatry business owners and budding business owners, and the place where I will be adding my video marketing tips.
Facebook Page: Podiatry Legends Podcast - This is where I post each podcast episode and information regarding my guests.