Justin Blake is a former sports podiatrist who has worked with recreational through to international and Olympic level athletes. He was part of the UK Olympic Performance Plan and at one stage owned seven podiatry clinics in both the UK and in Ireland.
After selling his highly successful podiatry businesses, Justin set up Justin Blake Media and now helps healthcare business owners to grow their practices and get more patients using effective marketing and efficient practice management skills.
On this episode we discuss:
- His career in podiatry and transition into creating a successful media company.
- Moving from London to Ireland
- Why biomechanics is the root of all the other conditions and why this should be taught first at University, not last.
- Running Seven practices in Ireland.
- The isolation of being a solo-practitioner
- Patients are looking for solutions.
- Building trust with patients keeps them coming back
- Why newspaper ads still work and advertorials are still killing it
- Testing what you do and tweaking it for better results.
- Sometimes it only takes small tweaks that make all the difference in your marketing and business success.
- FAST TRACKING your Podiatry success. Why not do it in 2 years instead of 10 years.
Skip all the mistakes and learn from the people that have gone before you. That's what coaching does.
- Good marketing prevents the highs and lows of business.
- Why you need to put your FEES up. When you don't charge enough, you cannot update equipment, training etc
- Learning what people are searching for
Don't worry about what other people think you should be doing; just do what you enjoy most.
Newsletter & Events
Podiatry Business Mentoring
If you need assistance with marketing and developing business systems, please email me at and let's see where I can help or visit the coaching and mentoring section of my website.
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I post additional business and marketing tips, information regarding podiatry events and conferences around the world.
Consider A Podcast Review
If you enjoy the Podiatry Legends Podcast, please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
It's No Secret with Dr T. Podcast
If you like marketing and small business, please take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T.
Show Sponsor is Podium
If you want to learn how to get an edge over your competitors, receive more Google Reviews, and learn how to keep all your online messaging in one convenient place, then you need to visit our dedicated sponsors' page at https://try.podium.com/podiatrylegends/