If you want to scale and grow your podiatry business, you've got to make decisions fast, and Dr Patrick McEneaney has done just that. He has expanded his Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists podiatry business from one to five in just a few short years, but as he explains, opportunities are all around us you've just got to be prepared to jump on them when they arise.
If you sit and stare at something for too long, you can make it look both good and bad.
Dr Patrick McEneaney is not just business-focused either; he also commits a lot of time giving back to the podiatry profession. He is currently the President of the Illinois Podiatry Medical Association.
On this episode we discuss:
- How he started his first podiatry business, and how the next four came after that.
- Good timing and good marketing
- Why putting on local seminars, lunch and learns and breakfasts help increase his referrals
- Why you've got to tell people what you do in your practice.
- There's no such thing as a bad conversation; you can always learn something from everyone you meet.
- Sharing your failures with others
- Why he meets every year with other podiatrists for mastermind meetings.
- The benefits of making quick decisions
- Why you shouldn't expand too early and overextend yourself.
Two questions he asks his team members:
- What's your favourite thing you like about working here?
- What else do you need from me to make your work easier?
Final Business Tips:
- Find good people to work with you
- Talk with people who have already been through the experience and don't try to rewrite the book if you don't have to.
- Hire slowly and fire quickly: Don't keep bad employees longer than you need to.
One-On-One Coaching & Mentoring
If your podiatry business needs help to develop marketing strategies or business systems, the most efficient way to do this is with one-on-one coaching and mentoring. Please email me at and let's see where I can you.
Newsletter & Events
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I post additional small business and marketing tips, information regarding podiatry events and conferences around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
It's No Secret with Dr T. Podcast
If you like marketing and small business, please take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T., and you may also enjoy Ep 188 - Developing Your Avatar & Unique Selling Proposition with Alex Frees