Ben and Sally Haythornthwaite are a husband and wife team running a UK based podiatry business called The Foot and Ankle Clinic.
Ben is the podiatrist, with a previous employment history of engineering and architecture, and Sally has a background in marketing, brand psychology and management. They have put these previous skills and life experiences together and are becoming a formidable team.
On this episode we discuss:
- How Bens past work experience has shaped his career
- Why they changed their business name
- Why all foot issues relate to underlying biomechanical issues
- There's a wealth of knowledge in the profession, and we should be tapping into it
- All marketing is interconnected
- Branding is more than just a logo
- Being an architect has taught Ben to push boundaries, and boundaries need challenging because they are man-made limitations
- Why you should attend events
- Why podiatry is so much more exciting than other professions
Sally - Find a niche in podiatry you enjoy and go with it.
Ben - Get motivated and don't be afraid to fail.
If you have any questions about this podcast, please email me at The Foot & Ankle Clinic.or you can connect with Ben 7 Sally at
One-On-One Coaching & Mentoring
If your podiatry business needs help to develop marketing strategies or business systems, the most efficient way to do this is with one-on-one coaching and mentoring. Please email me at and let's see where I can you.
Newsletter & Events
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I post additional small business and marketing tips, information regarding podiatry events and conferences around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
It's No Secret with Dr T. Podcast
If you like marketing and small business, please take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T., and you may also enjoy Ep 188 - Developing Your Avatar & Unique Selling Proposition with Alex Frees