When it comes to running a successful podiatry business, it is vital to find your passion, surround yourself with the right team, and develop a mindset of success by associating with like-minded positive people.
Drs Peyman & Viedra Elison are a dynamic podiatry team that own Fixing Feet Institute in Surprise, Arizona. I recently spent three days with them in Tempe, Arizona at Business Black Ops, which is a high-level mastermind group.
I've wanted to get them on the Podiatry Legends Podcast for some time, so while I had them together in Arizona, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to capture their thought of podiatry business success.
On this episode we discuss:
- Choosing to live in different states to pursue their podiatry careers.
- Working on an Indian Reservation in Arizona and how this has shaped Viedra's career and passion for diabetes and limb salvage.
- Peyman's passion for paediatric biomechanics, foot deformities and peripheral nerve surgery.
- Associates and culture problems - "Some people are just not trainable".
- Why continuing medical education is essential, but if you want to grow a successful business and life, you've got to attend business and marketing events.
- You need a positive mindset to bring it all together.
In the early part of your career, focus on your education, not your location. You need to get out of your comfort zone.
Find a niche market, something you enjoy and hone in on it. And if you feel you're in a rut, start hanging out with new people.
If your podiatry business needs help to develop marketing strategies or business systems, the most efficient way to do this is with one-on-one coaching. Please email me and let's see where I can you.
Newsletter & Events
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I post additional small business tips, information regarding podiatry events and conferences around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
It's No Secret with Dr T. Podcast
If you like marketing and small business, please take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T., and you may also enjoy Episode 185: Having A Positive Mindset with Somnath Sikdar & Lonnie Beck
Order My Book
Tell Your Podiatry Friends
If you enjoy listening to Podiatry Legends, please tell all your podiatry friends, and please feel free to leave a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.