Dr Oz is a Podiatric surgeon based in Sydney. After receiving his surgical qualifications, he became a sessional lecturer at WSU and then at CQU, then in late 2017, the idea of having all Podiatrists work collaboratively to strengthen the industry and the individual, led to the formation of the now registered co-operative Pods Equity.
On this episode we discuss:
- How the Pods Equity idea began with 30 Podiatrists.
- Creating partnerships in insurance, finance, telecommunications and there are more products and services to come
- Footwear partnership with Asics and more to come
- How the shareholder structure and profit-sharing works
- Why the members decide how the profits are distributed
- The power of national marketing campaigns
- The development of a learning space with Josh Truscott from Ultimate Podiatrist. Josh has also been a guest on this podcast. See Episode 014
On the Pods Equity website, you can learn more about:
- Strength in numbers means we can steer our own future.
- Creating new opportunities that we couldn't do on our own.
- Boosting the brand and awareness of Podiatry in Australia, we own the foot and ankle!
- Profits generated go back to its members.
- Every decision made is for the empowerment of the podiatry industry.
For details on my upcoming Podiatry Marketing Events, please visit www.tysonfranklin.com/events
If you enjoy this podcast series, please tell your podiatry friends, and if you get the urge to leave a review, please do.
Other Episodes You May Enjoy: