Andrew Jones is the go-to podiatrist for elite athletes and anyone needing particularly clever problem-solving for health-related foot conditions. He is recognised as one of New Zealand's leading podiatrists and runs the Waikato Podiatry Clinic. His business success has been built by following a Win-Win-Win Philosophy.
On this episode we discuss:
- His transition from sheep shearing to feet, via a foot problem he sustained in the Rotorua marathon.
- Caring for your patients, but at the same time caring for yourself and your business.
- Running a successful podiatry business by using a win-win-win approach.
- There must be a Win for the clinician: There must be satisfied with what you do and also adequate income.
- There must be a Win for the patient: You need to sort out their problems.
- There must be a Win for the business: It has to be a sustainable financial model, or it will go backwards.
- Making sure the pendulum for business success doesn't swing too far, or not enough. It's about getting the balance right.
- It takes money to buy the equipment you need to look after your patients properly; therefore, you need to charge the right fees.
- The importance of your mental health
"You can get everything in life you want if you help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar
- Obstacles faced in New Zealand with limited health insurance, GST on podiatry and small population.
- Why communication is key
- The secret in the number four or less.
"A confused mind always says no."
- High-performance sports New Zealand
- How you can build a strong following and engagement by sharing a patients journey, and why this is an excellent marketing idea for your social media pages.
You need to look after yourself as much as everyone else. You need to make sure you have some ME TIME.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
One-On-One Coaching & Mentoring
The fastest and most efficient way to grow your podiatry business is by using a business coach or mentor. There are many coaching programs currently available, but in my opinion, most are beige and non-specific. Please email me and let's see where I can you.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
If you'd like to be kept up to date with my speaking engagements, EVENTS and other activities, please sign up to my NEWSLETTER, and I promise not to spam you with daily emails telling you how awesome I am.
If you'd like more marketing and management tips for your podiatry business check out my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T.
Order My Book
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I will be posting additional small business tips and information regarding podiatry events around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
Subscribe To Podiatry Legends
If you enjoy listening to the Podiatry Legends Podcast, please click SUBSCRIBE on your podcast player, so you do not miss an episode and tell all your podiatry friends.
If you enjoy it a lot, it will put a HUGE smile on my face if you left a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.