Dr Paul Butterworth is a Podiatric Surgeon and the Course Coordinator for the School of Podiatry at Southern Cross University, Gold Coast Campus, and we both agree that podiatrists are creative people.
All you need to do is stop once in a while, look around, and take notice of some the fantastic things podiatrists are doing in our profession.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why lecturing is rewarding.
- The creative side of podiatry.
- We are educating students to think outside the box.
"We have rules we must follow, but it doesn't mean you cannot be creative".
- The enjoyment of writing papers.
- His PhD - Obesity & Foot Pain.
"Podiatry is about keeping people mobile".
- There's a lot of financial security in Podiatry
- The importance of taking responsibility to educate yourself.
- SCU - Transition To Professional Practice and Small Business & Entrepreneurship education units.
- PIVOT - Paul has become a Novelist and the reason he wants to pursue a writing career.
"It's important to keep your goal in mind and not give up".
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at Southern Cross University, Gold Coast Campus website.or you can connect with Dr Paul Butterworth via the
WORKSHOP - Biomechanics & Business: Profit From A Better Understanding. Gold Coast 7-8 June BOOK NOW
Every successful podiatrist has an excellent foundation in biomechanics, it's that simple, and this two-day workshop is going to be jam-packed with useful biomechanical information you can apply immediately in your business and with your patients.
In addition to having excellent biomechanical skills, it's equally important to know how to market these skills. You can have the most advanced biomechanical equipment and have acquired biomechanical skills far beyond any of your competitors, but without a well thought out marketing strategy, it will, unfortunately, go unnoticed.
This is why we're bringing Biomechanics and Business together in one 2-Day Workshop.
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I will be posting additional small business tips and information regarding podiatry events around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
If you'd like more marketing, management and business advice for your podiatry business you should take a look at my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T.