Damian Gough is a UK graduate, but in 1995 he moved to Australia, and now lives on the Central Coast of NSW. Damian is the brains behind Virtual Podiatrist, which is an online program that creates evergreen podiatry content for websites.
If you're starting a new podiatry business, or you've been in business for some time, and you know your website needs quality content, this could be the fastest way to produce it, so you can get on with what you do best, which is seeing patients.
On this episode we discuss:
- Moving to NSW and his Umina Podiatry business
- Business mistakes
"You start out chasing money and the harder you chase it the further it gets away from you."
- Creating a memorable patient experience
- Why you need to give patients adequate time to tell their story so you can help them achieve their goals.
- Building trust
- Look at things from the patients perspective
- Thinking about the best customer service you've ever received and can you bring this into your business
- Website credibility
- The VIRTUAL PODIATRIST concept.
Virtual Podiatrist is a web-based tool that is customised for the podiatrist's website to give diagnostic help to referrers and information for patients.
- Using Virtual Podiatrist for your evergreen content will save you time and allow you to concentrate on blogs and other SEO elements.
- Patients are making decisions about your podiatry business while you're asleep.
- The importance of attending live events and the connections you make.
- Why you cannot continue work in a silo.
Put yourself in your patient's shoes and look for one little thing you can do better.
Podiatry Legends Facebook Page
Podiatry Legends now has a Facebook page, where I will be posting additional small business tips and information regarding podiatry events around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page.
If you enjoyed this podcast, it would put a big smile on my face if you left a review on iTunes or your favourite podcast platform.
Most Recent iTunes Review
GREAT WORK ☆☆☆☆☆ “Tyson is an amazing interviewer, and his podcast flows very smoothly. The guests are podiatrists, but anyone who owns a business or is considering the medical field would enjoy this podcast. Tyson is bringing podiatrists together where we all can learn from one another. Great job Tyson.” Dr Peter Wishnie via Apple Podcasts · United States of America · 01/30/19
If you're enjoying this podcast and want additional business, marketing, management and mindset tips you may also enjoy my other podcast, It's No Secret with Dr T.
Other Podcast Recommendations
Dr James Fedich - Path to Success Podcast