Have you ever considered competing on American Ninja Warrior, or a similar type of extreme television show? How about training for such a show while undergoing aggressive chemotherapy and radiation treatment for cancer? Well, this is precisely what Dr Arianne Missimer did, and she did it with style and a 'Challenge Accepted' mindset.
Dr Arianne Missimer is an award-winning Doctor of Physical Therapy and Registered Dietitian, specialising in functional medicine. She is a Founder of the Movement Paradigm, an integrative health centre focusing on mindset, nutrition, and movement.
On this episode we discuss:
- Beating cancer and becoming an American Ninja Warrior
- What the "Challenge Accepted” mindset is all about
- Not having barriers in the mind
- Her TEDx Talk - Challenge Accepted
- What is the Movement Paradigm?
- Functional Medicine versus Conventional Medicine
"Nutrition habits and physical habits is something we must keep working on daily"
- Breathing exercises are your superpower
- Include one more vegetable per day than you’re currently eating
- Gluten, Dairy and Sugar 'may' be an inflammatory food for you - test them by removing them from your diet and then reintroduce them and journal how you feel. If there are no problems, you can eat them.
- Find something you love to do and get moving, but make sure you’re moving with purpose and intention. It takes time to build the body up, so do not break it down by pushing yourself too hard, too often or too soon.
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Podiatry Business Coaching
One-on-one business coaching and mentoring is the fastest way to get the results you want for your podiatry business. Please send me an email at and let's see if I can help you grow your podiatry business in 2020.
First 16 Pages of My Book – It’s No Secret There’s Money in Small Business.
If you're a Podiatrist you may prefer to order my first book; It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry.
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.