For the past five years, I have travelled to Arizona to attend an event called Business Black Ops, organised by David M Frees. There are approximately 35 - 40 attendees each year, and it is by far, one of the most dynamic business groups, which is why I already have the 2020 event in my calendar.
This year I was asked to give two short presentations, and this weeks podcast episode is my first presentation, Why Niching Is The Future of Small Business.
I want to point out that I recorded this episode using a lapel mic and iPhone, so the quality is less than optimal, but I enjoyed the LIVE aspect of the recording, and I hope you do as well.
“There’s no such thing as true generalists, or if there is you won’t have heard of them”. - Michael Harf
Today I discuss:
- Why it's dangerous to try and take on large companies or businesses head-on.
- Cheap & easy mass-marketing before the internet and social media
- Creating a niche is a smart small business strategy
- Knowing your client/customer/patient avatar
- Speaking the right language to the right avatar
- 5 Benefits of Getting This Right
- Save Money
- You can double down
- You get more A & B type clients
- Creates a happier work environment
- You can identify excellent opportunities quicker
“Niching is not about selling one product; it’s about selling to one audience.”
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Podiatry Business Mentoring
First 16 Pages of My Book – It’s No Secret There’s Money in Small Business.
If you're a Podiatrist you may prefer to order my first book; It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy: