Chris Kappes loves trade shows and believes they are the most potent way to build a business when done right. He is a published author of two books about trade shows, a frequent speaker at conferences, and launched the industry's first sharing marketplace for exhibits, called Exhibitshub - Don't Build Your Next Exhibit, Borrow It.
Exhibithub is often referred to as the "Airbnb for Exhibits".
On This Episode We Discuss:
- Why tradeshows and exhibits are growing in popularity
- Why some companies use 40% of their marketing budget to attend tradeshows
- Value Proposition
- Trade shows are for listening, not selling
- Asking the right strategic questions
- The first question should be, 'What brings you to the show today?"
- How the changing demographics from Baby Boomers to Millennials are changing tradeshows and exhibiting
- Millennials - It's more about experiences than ownership
- Using the exhibit as a machine for story-telling & selling
- Quantifying and qualifying results from trade shows.
- Why your exhibit staff are actors, the exhibit is a stage, and you need to have a Booth Captain as the director
- The future of trade shows.
Think of the exhibit as a machine for selling. You've got to build it using raw materials, but you need to prep. Preparation is the key.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please send me an email at
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Podiatry Business Mentoring
First 16 Pages of My Book – It’s No Secret There’s Money in Small Business.
If you're a Podiatrist you may prefer to order my first book; It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy: