Rita Zappulla is the Principal of SMSF Strategic Advisors and Strategic Business Insights in Cairns, Australia. Rita has over 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry, having commenced her career as a chartered accountant and now works as a certified financial planner and business coach/mentor.
This combination of experience, expertise and qualifications gives Rita a comprehensive understanding of business structures and the Australian tax and superannuation laws. She loves helping Cairns local business owners plan for their financial future.
Today we talked about:
- Why people fear financial planners and why they think they may get ripped off.
- People spend more time planning a holiday than their financial future.
- It's all about strategies first, the big picture, before you start thinking about the specific investments.
- Her book: Today's Profits, Tomorrow's Freedom
- Having a financial planner is a long term relationship
- Why the earlier you start planning for retirement, the better. There are so many benefits longterm.
- Why some people don’t need a Self-Managed Superannuation fund, primarily if it just has managed funds and super.
- Why putting everything back into your business thinking there will be a big payday is not the best retirement strategy.
- It may never sell
- You may not get the price you want
- What happens if your business gets sued due to employee error
- It's a risking strategy putting all your eggs in one basket
- The benefits of getting rid of debt early
Grab a copy of your superannuation statement and look at the fees and contributions, and make an effort to understand it. Your super account is like a bank account. You need to look at it.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please send me an email at www.smsfsa.com.auor you can contact Rita Zappulla at
Details about Rita's book Today's Profits, Tomorrow's Freedom and local monthly speaking events are on her website www.smsfsa.com.au
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, please tell your friends. If you enjoy it a lot, please leave a review on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Podiatry Business Mentoring
One-on-one business coaching and mentoring is the fastest way to get the results you want for your podiatry business. So, if you sick and tired of all the beige programs currently on offer, please send me an email at and see if I can help you in some way.
First 16 Pages of My Book – It’s No Secret There’s Money in Small Business.
If you're a Podiatrist you may prefer to order my first book; It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry.
If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:
More about Rita Zappulla
In 2000 Rita began to specialise specifically in the financial planning sector, focusing on self-managed superannuation funds and superannuation advice, retirement planning, and estate planning.
Rita is passionate about helping small business owners to retire, save tax and to be financially independent for their retirement, having owned three businesses with the first one at the age of 26.