Google Ads is a great marketing tool. However, there has been a lot of negative publicity and scepticism and about Google Ads and my conversation, today with James will strip away a lot of this confusion.
On this episode we discuss:
- Identifying and understanding who is a Google Ads expert.
- The difference between Google Partners (blue stripe) and Google Premium Partner )orange Stripe)
- Google does not endorse SEO
"SEO is all about trying to beat Googles algorithm, and that won't happen."
- The history of Coke trying a new recipe
- How to deal with a nuisance competitor
"Advertising has one purpose, to sell stuff, and Google Ads gives everyone a level playing field".
- Newbie Mistakes
- The secret to a successful campaign on Google Ads is the preparation.
- Then, there is a lot more work to do. It's like fine-tuning a supercar.
- Look at Ads every couple of days
- At the end of 30-days look at the data rather than the results
- Review of Keywords
- Split testing
- Conversion tracking, etc.
- Position on page
- Google rewards relevance - the ad has got to mention the relevant words
- Quality Score: Ad and page congruence
- Bib ($) times Quality Score determines rank on page
- Have a strong negative keyword list - I do not want my ad to show if these words are searched.
- The value of a client/customer/patient
- Google Analytics
- Age of websites - Budget to replace your site every three years.
- Speed of websites. Page loading and mobile loading
"Google won't tell you how to get better organic results, there a media company".
FREE DOWNLOAD From James: Are Google Ads Right For Your Business?
Monday Morning Tip
Spend time documenting what problem you solve and who you solve it for. Then ask, is what you do relevant?
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please contact me at , or you can connect with James Yuille at Media Glue.
If you're a podiatrist, or a person open to new ideas and like to think outside the box, check out the Podiatry Legends Podcast.
First 16 Pages of My Book – It’s No Secret There’s Money in Small Business.
If you're a Podiatrist you may prefer to order my first book; It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry.
If you like this episode you will enjoy: